(Codeigniter) Free Source Code Point of Sale using Codeigniter
Open Source Point of Sale is a web based point of sale application written in PHP using CodeIgniter framework. It uses MySQL as the data back end and has a Bootstrap 3 based user interface.
Open Source Point of Sale is a web based point of sale system. The main features are:
- Stock management (Items and Kits)
- VAT, customer and multi tiers taxation
- GDPR ready
- Quotation and invoicing
- Sale register with transactions logging
- Expenses logging
- Barcode generation and printing
- Suppliers and Customers database
- Multiuser with permission control
- Receipt and invoice printing and/or emailing
- Reporting on sales, orders, expenses, inventory status
- Messaging (SMS)
- Restaurant tables
- Selectable Boostrap (Bootswatch) based UI theme
- Mailchimp integration
- reCAPTCHA to protect login page from brute force attacks
The software is written in PHP language, it uses MySQL (or MariaDB) as data storage back-end and has a simple but intuitive user interface.
The latest 3.x version is a complete overhaul of the original software. It is now based on Bootstrap 3 using Bootswatch themes, and still uses CodeIgniter 3 as framework. It also has improved functionality and security.
Deployed to a Cloud it's a SaaS (Software as a Service) solution.
DEMOA demo version of the latest master version can be found on our Demo serve. This is a containerized install which will be reinitialized when new functionality is added to the code repository.
1. Server Requirements :- PHP version 5.6 to 7.2 are supported. Please note that PHP needs to have php-gd, php-bcmath, php-intl, php-openssl, php-mbstring and php-curl installed and enabled.
- MySQL 5.5, 5.6 and 5.7 are supported, also MariaDB replacement is supported and apparently offering better performance.
- Apache 2.2 and 2.4 are supported. Also Nginx has been proven to work fine, see wiki page here
- Raspberry PI based installations proved to work, see wiki page here
- For Windows based installations please read the wiki and also existing closed issues as this topic has been covered well in all the variants and issues
2. Local installFirst of all, if you're seeing the message 'system folder missing' after launching your browser, then that means you have cloned the repository and have not built the project properly.
- Dowload the latest stable release from github or unstable build from bintray. A regular repository clone will not work unless you are brave enough to build the whole project!
- Create/locate a new mysql database to install open source point of sale into
- Execute the file database/database.sql to create the tables needed
unzip and upload Open Source Point of Sale files to web server
- Modify application/config/database.php and modify credentials if needed to connect to your database
- Modify application/config/config.php encryption key with your own
- Go to your point of sale install public dir via the browser
Source : https://github.com/opensourcepos/opensourcepos/
codeigniter, point of sale, free open sorce, idwebgit, pos, codeigniter-pos, codeigniter3, source code, free open source